If you can rearrange the head(er), u do have one urself... and thats all the gear u need to understand the blog... Welcome to Dc world

April 3, 2007

THE INTOXICATION SERIES I

What is it about India that makes me love it so much? I have just downloaded a U2 song. A wonderful one. I know that even before I listen to it. But… there’s one song from Swades.. Yeh jo des hain tera. It fills me with that very deep feeling of patriotism. And by patriotism, I don’t mean how to make India better? It is this wonderful feeling of being an Indian. The place is wonderful. It may have the worst politicians in the world. It may have the most silent and uncaring public. The worst drivers. The power cuts. But its India. And I am an Indian. Frankly, this feeling I have right now is quite different from anything else I have ever experienced. This feeling doesn’t stop me from going to US. This feeling wont force me to stay here. I will do it over the course of time. I wont come back because this country needs my help, but quite simply because I love it. People. Food. Cricket. These are features of this country you wont get to experience even if you have a few million NRIs in your country. That’s when I realize that… no matter where I was born, I would have loved this country. Not love it “inspite of its faults”. Just… LOVE IT!

No comments:

My earlier blogs

Cricket fever

After reading the blog, what would you like to do?

CNN.com

Wired Top Stories

Yahoo! News: Technology News

CNET News.com

Footfalls