If you can rearrange the head(er), u do have one urself... and thats all the gear u need to understand the blog... Welcome to Dc world

April 10, 2007

THE INTOXICATION SERIES III

Had a drink… walked over to my garage… the door opens to reveal my shining new Lamborghini Gallardo. I drive it anywhere I want, drive it as fast as I want. Drive it to a race, and play hardball! Walk away with a few grand, some of which I use for a new coat of paint. Just for kicks, ram a few pedestrians in their teeny-weeny cars. The race didn’t do it for me… set a new speed record for the police. And yes… there they are, right on time! The cars have more power on their radios than at the wheels. I can hear them trying to scramble more and more cars, even as the existing ones are on their rims. And then… come the backup cars! By god, these can’t be the police cars! They are as fast as my Lambo!! And they drive more recklessly than me!!! But the radio is still full of their anxious voices. I lead them into the downtown area… drive past their “HQ”. The radio is a blur with all the turns and bumps… I slow down to let them know I know the traffic rules… “We got him surrounded”. I can feel a crash against the bumper. The mirrors have been warning me. And then… I bring to life… the V6. I unleash the power of over 500 horses! I disappear without a trace. The hounds are left smelling the burnt rubber. Now come their friends from the neighboring borough… it’s time to show them how the Lambo handles. The roads are winding, letting never either of us floor the pedal. But the low-end torque of the Lambo is surely the best in its class… the class of Super Cars. The handling is awesome. It’s as if the car seems to know which way I want to go. At the same time, it’s like a beast, which needs to be tamed. The cops are long gone, trying to change gears and keep up with the Lambo. For the couple that did follow, the gas station taught them a lesson they won’t forget in a hurry! On my way back to the garage I met a few cops, but the woods were there in time. The Traction Control and the muddy soil are a potent combination. Too much for the hounds, which should’ve stayed on their homely roads. I turn into the driveway, and see the reflection on the garage door. Not a scratch! It’s a wonderful car. It’s a wonderful drive. It’s the stuff intoxication paradise is made of!

No comments:

My earlier blogs

Cricket fever

After reading the blog, what would you like to do?

CNN.com

Wired Top Stories

Yahoo! News: Technology News

CNET News.com

Footfalls